Did you know that many foods are sleep aids? Technically speaking, foods that contain the amino acid tryptophan have a very real effect on the brain. Most of us have heard of the sleep inducing hormone melatonin that is released into the brain, but few realize that tryptophan is used in the production of this essential hormone. Eating foods rich in tryptophan make it easier to fall asleep. Dairy, whole grains, lentils, beans, and poultry are all great Sleep Aids. Foods from these groups make for a great late night snack if you just can’t wait until breakfast!
- RT @FitnessMagazine: "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." #FitQuote 3 years ago
- There are lots of great ways to eat fruits and veggies - like on kebabs! #healthtweets 3 years ago
- All foods can be worked into a healthy diet! #healthtweets 3 years ago
- RT @MedicalNewsNet: #VIDEO: A practical protocol for monitoring discoid #lupus: rheumatologynews.com/topics/lupusco… 3 years ago
- RT @Drugscom: Typical ADHD Care Leaves Room for Improvement, Study Finds - bit.ly/1tUBEYi 3 years ago